Tuesday, September 19, 2006



What to do about Twinkies?




I try to pack nutritious lunches for my son and bypass things like Flamin' Hot Cheetos because they just freak me out.

Now, I'm not totally anti-sugar. I include homemade pudding, cake, stuff like that. However, I found out that the son is just eating that junk from his friends' lunches. They share the Fruit Roll Ups, and the Twinkies and the damn Flamin' Hot Cheetos.

Do I just give in and buy that stuff? It's so irritating because it's so much cheaper in this country to eat that crap. You can buy a box of 12 Twinkies for something like $2. TWO DOLLARS. I pay more than that for a bag of apples.

1 comment:

Pamelamama said...

make your own healthy versions? Pony up for the organic versions at whole foods? be a missionarry with the class parents to advocate healthy food c hoices?

good luck Kim!