Wednesday, September 06, 2006

If you're a wife--How have you evolved?

This is something I've been thinking about for a while here.

Stage 1:

I started out in the Honeymoon stage. I pampered my husband and did all the housewifely duties cheerfully (and sometimes quite enthusiastically).

Stage 2:

Then, I decided all this pampering was for the birds and I am not his mother, I am mother to three kids. I stopped picking up his socks and putting them in the laundry chute. I also stopped putting his clothes away.

Stage 3:

I've actually been actively pushing the husband out of the nest, forcing him to learn scary new computer skills, cooking skills, and ironing skills. I find it most un-sexy when my husband requires my attention in a "motherly" way.

I guess the thing is--I want more than to be a wife and mother. I used to think it was alright for ME, but it's not. So now I have to get my kids and husband to accept this, too. Is this fair for them? To pull this switch-a-roo on them?



No comments: