Sunday, September 24, 2006


Homecoming--*sob*

Yesterday was Homecoming at my daughter's school. First of all, I was floored to hear that middle school kids have Homecoming. Second of all, I couldn't believe it was treated like high school Homecoming. To an extent--no dinners out, but the manicures, the dresses, the hair, the tears over dates, ay yi yi.

My daughter is on the left.


She would kill me if she knew I was posting this picture on the internet. This is my reward for being perpetually on the road yesterday to get her beautiful and ready to dance with the infamous Ian.

2 comments:

Tif Johnson said...

your dd is so pretty!

*sigh* the memories...i'm sure yours of your childhood are flooding back.

Kim said...

Thanks, seeing her all dressed up like that really shocks me sometimes!

I told my husband that in 8th grade, I could not wear a strapless dress (there were quite a few girls at the dance wearing them) and I still don't think I can wear one.

My 8th grade dance memories are slow dancing with Dan R. to Bon Jovi's "Never Say Goodbye". LMAO