Friday, October 20, 2006


Today, Dominic asked me to do a puzzle with him. This one happened to be 100 pieces and quite ugly--dinosaurs--but I said, "OK."

It started out fine until I realized the puzzle was kicking my ass and it was a good thing the six year old wasn't there to witness me struggle to put the puzzle together. After a few minutes, of course, Dominic decided cars were more fun than the puzzle, but he would play with them next to me at the table for moral support. I hunkered down and told him we couldn't do anything else until Mom finished the puzzle.

Eventually (notice I'm not saying how long it was?) Mom finished. See the proof?







I stopped at an estate sale the other day and walked out with about 9 skeins of natural colored wool yarn for $6.00. The rest was mostly some really hideous colors that I thought I would never use. Until I put my brain to it and realized that I could overdye them and probably come up with some decent colorways that way. So, I called the lady and asked to come over and see what was left. She was obliging and I met her yesterday. I staggered out this time with a garbage bag full of yarn for $20. Then, she stopped by my house 10 minutes later to refund me $5. Wha? She over-charged me, she claimed. Oh my goodness. I felt like a highway robber. She insisted on hugging me and told me to call her anytime I want. I still am in awe of her and her generosity.





More finished objects--

another felted dress to test my pattern notes:



The FAA socks are done:



What's next? Here's a pile of Cascade 220 that arrived today. I'm not a huge fan of this yarn, but I needed something not too expensive, easily found that is available in all of the colors I wanted without dyeing it myself. It's a suprise, so that's all you'll hear about that right now. It's all wound up and ready to go, so I'm off to knit!! Enjoy your weekend, everyone.

No comments: