Monday, October 23, 2006

So what did you do this weekend??

Friday night, I went to see Marie Antoinette. Oh wow, did I ever love this film. I love how it wasn't all about the Revolution but about HER. I also love how they didn't have Kirsten Dunst talking in some hideous accent. I also love it that the actress Shirley Henderson (she portrays Moaning Myrtle in the Harry Potter films) is in this film because her distinctive voice is her biggest asset in that role. Of course, I love it that music by THE CURE is in this film in quite a shivery, emotional moment. I think I'll go see it again soon.
Saturday, my parents had their 23rd wedding anniversary and came over for dinner. My brother and his wife and daughter came over, too, and it was a lot of fun. Afterward, hubby and I took off to Barnes and Noble for a cup of coffee and quiet. In your town, is your B&N THE place to be on Sat. nights? Ours is always packed.
Sunday, I stayed in my jammies and ignored the Jehovah's Witnesses who were knocking on our door. Whispered things like, "I don't think she's going to answer." were cracking me up.
I knit most of the day with the Cascade 220 project. It's turning out pretty well, I think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ha! i've been meaning to post but then have realized it is now friday!

i have forgotten what we did last weekend :lol: but this weekend we are picking up our pumpkins and may go apple picking...

i hope you have a great day!