Tuesday, December 05, 2006


Well, finally some knitting content!



I finished this monkey last night while waiting for my daughter to get out of dance class. He was not too difficult to make, the worst part was all of the seaming of the parts. I used some of the wool from my estate sale find

and dyed the light brown trim using coffee because I didn't have the right color dye to make that tan color. Initially, when I finished the monkey, I looked at him and thought he needed something extra. He looked a little naked to me. So I added the scarf. And why not a little hat, too? I can easily see myself knitting entire wardrobes for the monkey and can finally understand why the dolls and teddy bears with interchangeable outfits are interesting. However, for me, the fun is actually creating the outfits, not just putting them on. Anyway, I hope Anthony loves him and wants to play with this little guy all of the time.

The pattern for this little guy is in Knitted Toys by Fiona McTague. The book has a few other cute patterns (the bunnies and the angel doll), but other than those patterns, I probably wouldn't make anything else from it.

In other knitting news, I've been working on a man's sweater in Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride yarn. I've never used this yarn before and it's quite pleasing to knit with. I like how soft it is, even with the mohair. It's been very long and quite dull because I had to knit 16 inches of stockinette stitch with a circumference of 42". However, last night, I finally hit the armholes and hopefully things will pick up from here. I cannot show you a picture just yet, since it's a sample for a pattern that will be published. I sure hope all of this suspense is worth it! LOL

The deadline for the sample and first draft is Jan. 2nd. So, MY goal is to have it done by the 15th of Dec. I dunno--we'll see. The best laid plans...wish me luck. I will really need it--and coffee--and good movies to watch while knitting.

Amelia has just published her newest pattern design for sale, and I think I might need to spend my Christmas gift money on yarn to make this lovely coat. It's actually quite similar to something I had in mind to design, so now that she's done the hard work for me, I think I'll go ahead and make one of them!

OK, I'm off to knit some more wooly mohair. (It's kind of drying my hands out, this yarn is.) Have a great day!



1 comment:

Tif Johnson said...

he's such a cute one kim!

we got the ipod cozy and i love it! i want to keep it but i don't have an ipod hehe. oy!