Sunday, December 10, 2006

Lazy Sunday

Last night, Paige had some friends over for a movie night. They watched "Ferris Bueller's Day Off". I worried considerably whether this would be glamorizing lying to your parents, stealing your dad's priceless vehicle, lying to school, faking a relative's death, driving into Chicago alone, and singing "Danke Schoen" on a float in a parade. My daughter assured me they were not taking notes or believing any of the stunts could be realistically pulled-off. Okey dokey. Just hoping parents don't call me.

I woke up out of a tentative sleep to see my 2 year old standing in the hall with his whole head and hands covered with blood. It was like seeing the scene from "Carrie" only a million times scarier because this was my kid and the source of the blood was unknown. After dashing into the bathroom and trying to keep calm while keeping him calm, I saw the blood was gushing from his nose and he had smeared it all around trying to get it off of his face. After cleaning him off and changing PJ's (both of us were by then covered in blood) I settled him into my bed so that I could finish cleaning up the bathroom and change his bedding. Then, I was overtaken by light-headedness accompanied by cold sweating and a churning stomach. I guess all of the adrenaline leaving my body took my steely reserve with it and I about passed out. I had to lie down next to my child and hold onto him for a while before attempting to stand up again.

So, today is going to be low-key. I'm ripping back a sleeve on my sweater because I realized that I measured incorrectly. Everyone is napping, so I'm going to put the "Gilmore Girls" in and sit back and knit.

No comments: