Thursday, December 28, 2006

Happy Holidays!! A few days late...


Our actual Christmas Day was great. Looooooong but great. Anthony has reached the full understanding of presents and Santa and all that jazz and was up at 5:30 on Christmas Day. I was still in bed and heard him go downstairs to check everything out and then upstairs to try to wake his brother up, downstairs again, upstairs again...it was kinda funny.

All the gifts were enjoyed and appreciated.

Paige opening her iPod with the help of Cosmo:



Anthony opening his one of many gifts:



Dominic playing with his new train table:



My dear, darling DH gave me a knitting journal and a gift certificate to the LYS. I went yesterday to peruse all of the beautiful yarns and came home with some of the new corn yarn "Amaizing" from SouthWest Trading Company. It's a really soft tube yarn. The color I bought is "Biscotti" and it kind of made me feel I was knitting with pantyhose. I have a dress design in mind and have been looking for the right yarn. This may be it, doubled up. Knitted single on 7's, it makes a pretty light-weight fabric.



I also came home with three skeins of Patagonia Nature Cotton in a pretty orange/yellow/pink colorway:



Knitting wise, the only Christmas knitting I managed was a Swell hatfor my grandfather.

and a set of felted coaster for my son's school secretary. I used up some of the jillions of Manos del Uruguay scraps for them so the edges weren't perfect but they still looked cute. (Sorry, I can't seem to find my picture right now.)

My kids are currently at Grandma and Grandpa's and I've been able to wrap up most of the work on the TOP SECRET PROJECT so that feels great! Plus, the hubby and I were able to do some shopping last night and had dinner out. What a treat! I slept in until 9 this morning and woke up only because I wanted to. I could get used to this....but I can't because the kids come home tomorrow. :)

1 comment:

Tif Johnson said...

i wanna know the top secret project!

;)