Monday, February 05, 2007

Where Have I Been?



Well, for a while there, it seemed like anytime I had the time or inclination to blog, Blogger was down. So then it started to feel like it was pre-destined for me not to blog.


Anyway, it's been kind of quiet here, except I just finished a large-ish custom order. I dyed the merino yarn for the twisty scarves and used Manos del Uruguay for the Long and Skinny scarf and the felted mitts:












I've also been working on some other knitting for the store:



Now, I'm trying to screw up the courage to go down into my COLD basement and rinse off the cotton yarn I dyed yesterday. Have I told you we have a high temperature of 3 degrees today? Why did I choose the coldest days of winter to dye cotton yarn? Alright, it was mostly a diversionary tactic, trying to avoid buying sock yarn.

In the midst of the knitting and dyeing, I was watching Top Chef season 2. What a mess that show is. Seriously, I hated every single contestant except Michael. The best part was the guest judges. Ted Allen was a hoot and Eric Ripert holds a special place in my heart. Top Chef producers--take note--your viewers want some quality next season!

2 comments:

Tif Johnson said...

yay! i'm glad to see you and your beautiful things!

that sweater is TDF. truly. you are a talent!

Knitting Maniac said...

i have loved that sweater since the get go. I just love it.