Friday, March 02, 2007

Happy Birthday, dear Hubby!!

Today is blustery and snowy and icky. And it's a good thing, because Dominic and I will be staying in today and baking this the most delicious carrot cake recipe I've ever tried. You grind the carrots and then marinade them in brown sugar so they get all juicy and delicious. The cake is moist, and amazingly big.

My MIL outfoxed me yet again. I'm not sure how she does it, but she's damn good at it. I called her up and invited her and her husband to meet Hubby and I tonight for a drink to celebrate his birthday. She agreed and said NOTHING to me about dinner at her house on Sunday. When hubby called his sister to ask her to meet us tonight, he found out his mom had been planning a birthday dinner at her house on Sunday. Damn. There I go again, getting burned for being nice. To normal people, this wouldn't seem so big, but I don't like my in-laws and spending time with them twice in one weekend is too much.

Catherine has suggested 3/4 sleeves for the jacket. That's a good idea, Catherine. I'm going to try to screw up my courage today and finish some sleeves.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ugh! Hope you survive the double whammy of IL's.