Monday, February 12, 2007

The best part of coming home is knowing that your knitting is waiting for you. I've been working on a sweater for my husband---a Valentine's gift, you know. Of course, I waited until last Thursday to decide that I needed to make him said sweater. It's lovely Tahki Donegal Tweed yarn in the Oatmeal colorway. I like the little blue flecks that appear every once in a while.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The sweater itself is a basic raglan with some ribbing at the sides for a nice fit. He's approved the project and design so far and even likes the yarn, which is a minor miracle. So far, I have 1 sleeve and the body up to the armholes done. So, chances are good for an on-time gift!

Part of my Saturdays during the cold months are to curl up on the sofa when the youngest is napping and knit and watch the line-up of cooking shows on PBS. My Anthony was snuggled up with me this weekend watching and learning and insisted we try a chocolate chip meringue recipe immediately. It was very simple to make and the cookies were quite delicious!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here's the recipe:

3 eggwhites, room temperature
1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
1/4 tsp. vanilla
1 cup of sugar
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Beat the egg whites with the cream of tartar and vanilla at high speed until soft peak stage. Then, gradually add the sugar while beating. Continue beating until the meringue is at the stiff peak stage. By hand, fold in the chocolate chips.

Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto the sheets. Bake at 250 for 1.5 hours until lightly golden brown and firm in the middle. Cool and store in airtight container.

2 comments:

Knitting Maniac said...

I have GOT to make those cookies, Kim! They look SOOOO yummy!

Can't wait to see the sweater!

Tif Johnson said...

yummm, thanks for sharing the recipe!

i will have to try it soon...

i can't wait to see the sweater either!