Sunday, November 19, 2006

It's been a bumpy ride

I've been trying to recover from that funky stomach bug that is apparently sweeping the nation. It's nasty and takes forever to feel normal again. You know how you feel so drawn--as if all of the blood were drained from your face permanently? I can hear you now--Uhhh...no.

Anyway, the daughter is in serious rehearsals for this year's Nutcracker performance. She is a clown in Act II--you know, they pop out of Mother Ginger's enormous skirt? So, we've been spending lots of time down there, volunteering and waiting and waiting and waiting...but it's all so worth it in the end because there is something so magical about seeing her dance on stage. Every year sees a higher level of expertise and it's thrilling to witness.

I'm busy making business type decisions, thinking of new goals I wish to reach and deadlines for those goals. I don't know about you, but these type of decisions make me extremely skittish. However, I know they are necessary to do because it puts me in the right mindset as a business owner. It reminds me I AM a business owner and solely responsible for the growth of that business. Therefore, it's been knitting and thinking, knitting and thinking. It's overall very positive and once things get rolling, I hope it's all I wish it to be.

I realized today that Thanksgiving is only 4 days away and I will be responsible for feeding 13 people. I go to pick up the organic, Amish grown turkey tomorrow. He or she will be treated to an apple cider brine a day before T-day. I still need everything else for the dinner and have been in denial about that. Hopefully, I'll snap out of that soon, huh?

If I am not here to blog before the big day, it's because I'm stuck in rehearsals, coaxing little cherubs to smile, and cleaning my house, and trying to remove all stains from my tablecloth, and removing small fingers from my pies.

1 comment:

Tif Johnson said...

Have great Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to get the Ipod cover (though it is a gift I look forward to petting it until Christmas).

I hope you get over from the sickies soon. What's up with that anyway? Being sick sucks. :)