Thursday, November 09, 2006

Don't Curse the Dad!

I thought that would get your attention. I'm sorry, I have had little to say and little time or energy to say what little I do have to say. **
Strike that--because one thing I promised myself was that I would NOT apologize to my BLOG for being busy.**

Today, I decided to bail out on pre-school "try out" or "practice" or whatever- you- want- to -call- it- day this morning because the thought of cutting one pseudo obligation out of my schedule this week was too tempting. (Don't get all huffy, it was basically a free- come- and- sing -and- play- in- our- pre-school to -see- if- you- like- it- enough- to- pay- a -lot- of- money- to- send- your- child- here- next- year. There is another one in December.)

So, we're home, the two-year old and I, for the first day this week. I get a few things done around the house so that it looks better. I had a scary realization the other night. I was walking through my kitchen door and noticed a bug on the trim on the wall. It was a box elder bug and where we live, they come out in the fall and try to live in your home. Anyway, I couldn't tell right away it was a box elder bug because attached to it was a huge giant dust bunny. It was at the same time amazing and embarrassing. I did consider running for my camera but decided that it would be wrong to document the fact that BUGS find it a little dusty on my wood floors.

My excuse is, of course, the fact that I'm busy. In fact, each week seems to get worse. I'm not sure how or why this is, but it is. It requires some looking at because I have not had ample knitting time to bring me down each night before bed. It's also trashing my creativity and I sorely need that to make it through this existence as a taxi-cab-driver mom.

I've had some exciting news this week--news that still has me poking it once in a while to make sure it's real. I am going to have a knitting design published in a BOOK!! Every once in a while, I remember it and go, "OH! Yeah! That is pretty cool." Then, I resume driving again. So, more details on that later.

And the reason for today's title? Dominic wanted a grapefruit and I only bought the grapefruit because my husband asked me to get some. I am not a grapefruit fan because I end up spending half a day in the kitchen preparing the grapefruits for the kids and prefer quick and dirty fruits like apples and bananas and oranges. Anyway, Dominic was asking for one during a time when I was particularly pre-occupied and I said with all the flair I could muster, "Curse the Dad and his grapefruits!!" Just as a joke, you know. However, Dominic is now marching around saying, "Curse the Dad!". I can't wait to hear the husband's reaction to that.

On a final note to this admittedly CRAZY blog entry, please go to the Fiber Arts Avengers store and see if there are any goodies to tempt you. Things are running until the 12th, so please go check it out!

No comments: