Monday, April 30, 2007

Baby Knitting


I'm always so impressed with those knitters who find out a friend is pregnant and know immediately what they want to make for the new baby. I seem to have a hard time deciding and wait until the last minute to start/finish items. My friend Marnierecently had a gorgeous baby and when I opened the most recent Vogue Knits magazine, I saw the perfect gift--the Baby Surplice sweater by Elizabeth Z.




It's a fun and baffling knit until you get to the very end, when a la Elizabeth Z, it all makes sense.




I decided to do anchored buttons so that Marnie may move the buttons easily for perfect adjustability.



The yarn is farm yarn from Theresa at LTK dyed in her "Guinness" colorway. The colors aren't totally boy/girl, which I love.

I saw my girlfriend Erica today, and she's going to give birth to her second child on Thursday. It's a girl, and for some reason, I cannot settle on a project for her. I need some imspiration and fast!

No comments: